UNDERGROUND SAFETY PASSPORT TRAINING SYLLABUS
The course syllabus is determined by TunnelSkills and reflects the safety and basic operational knowledge that an employer requires of anyone that may enter their work site to work underground. It is intended to supplement the site-specific inductions but not replace them.
1. Legislation - Includes confined space working regulations and relevant codes of practice.
2. Risk Assessments - The definitions of and steps taken to produce in-depth risk assessments.
3. Shaft & tunnel construction - Covers the various construction methods used in the industry and the requirements of each.
4. Surface works - Introduction into site set up, material storage and logistical operations.
5. Shafts, pit-bottoms and portals - Logistics and mechanisms used in their construction.
6. Working in a running tunnel - Working procedures, communication, lighting and locomotive movements.
7. The tunnel face - Covers TBM tunnelling, hand dug excavations, ground stability and emergency procedures.
8. Mechanical & electrical services - Guidance on the safe positioning of services, the risks involved in working on/ around services and the mechanical controls involved in their use.
9. Occupational health - This section includes information on COSHH materials, first aid, HAVS, gases, escape sets and health screening.
The full Safety Passport Syllabus can be found Here.