The TunnelSkills Forum has established a series of targets that they hope to achieve as a part of its business plan.
The most prominent of these targets, which are to be achieved by the end of 2010, include:
• Increasing the number of members holding CSCS cards by 240.
• Increase the number of members signing up to training and development programmes to 20.
• To get 20 people signed up to the apprenticeship programme by the end of the year.
• To increase the number of people working towards the assessors qualification, therefore increasing the availability of assessors within the industry.
• To increase the number of candidates achieving either Level 2 or Level 3 qualifications by 25.
• To increase the number of members holding the Safety Passport qualification by 30 and the number of new entrants to the course by 20.
• To increase the availability of onsite work-based recorders within the industry.